Jacquemart Andre Museum is perhaps the most opulent of all museums in the city of Paris. The museum which opened to public in 1913 was once home of Edouard Andre and his wife Nelie Jacquemart who married inspired with their common passion for art and traveled six months a year to hunt artworks which now reside gloriously in this museum. It offers a look into the world of the Art of Renaissance then you should visit this palatial museum with elegant ballrooms,cafe and shops.
Here are some details of the museum:
The museum is located at 158 Boulevard Haussmann in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. This a a residential area which has many famous hotels and restaurants like Hotel Plaza Athenee.
The collection includes artworks from famous French painters like Jacques Louis David, Fragonard and popular Dutch painters like Rembrandt. There are celebrated paintings like “The Toilet of Venus” with sculptures like “Virgin and Child” The Belle Epoque Mansion in itself is a work of art with winter garden, ballrooms and lavish bedrooms.
- No tickets are required for visiting the permanent collection.
- For temporary exhibitions held twice a year 12 Euros for adults.
- Free entry for children below 7 years of age.
- Ticket can be bought online or at ticket office till 5:30 pm.
Tips To visit:
– The former dining room of the mansion is now an elegant cafe which offers excellent brunch on Sunday from 11 to 3.
– Before visiting inquire about current temporary exhibition which are top notch.
– To visit the museums you can take:
- Metro: Line 9 and 13
- RER: Line A
- Bus lines: 22,43,52
– The jacquemart museum also has a Cultural Gift Shop with large collection of jewelry, postcards, fashion items etc.
This vintage museum is more than a place storing famous artworks, it is a gentle reminder of a luxurious and fancy era of French history. So, if pure French Renaissance art in the perfect ambiance of lavish ballrooms and gardens is what you desire then visit this museum.