Musée d’Art Modern in Paris is a great museum to visit for people who are passionate about art because the place fuels energy and creativity by showcasing Modern and Contemporary art of 20th and 21st century. The museum, which was inaugurated in 1961, has since been locus of all modern art exhibition the European and international art scene of the century.
Here are some details about the museum:
The art modern museum is located at 11, Avenue du President Wilson in the 16th Arrondissement of Paris. The area is known for its beautiful 17th century buildings and parks.
The temporary museum exhibitions run for about 6 weeks by major contemporary artists like Sonia Delaunay and David Altemjd. The museum also permanently showcases famous artworks by Rouault, Delaunay (La Ville De Paris), Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, Dufy (Le Cavalier Blanc), Francis Picabia and many others.
- No tickets are required for visiting the permanent collection.
- For temporary exhibitions 5-11 Euros for adults.
- Free entry for children below 13 years of age.
- The ticket counters close daily at 5:15 pm and 9:15 pm on Thursdays.
Tips for Visiting:
– The museum is open from 10 am to 6 pm from Tuesdays to Sundays and till 10 pm on Thursdays.
– The museum is closed during public holidays.
– The museum only provides audio tape guides which are available at ticket counters.
– One can reach the museum by Metro line 9, RER line C, Autolib and Velib Stations, and by Bus lines 32,42,72,80.
So visit the museum today and take a trip to a world of imagination with modern art.